Serengeti Balloon Safari - A fantabulous once in a lifetime experience!!!!!
Note :- Pre-book this popular activity for your safari tour to Serengeti due its limited seating availability.
For the Serengeti hot-air balloon trip in tourists will be collected around 5'o clock early morning. An hour predawn drive through the bush to your launch site is a delight in itself. One can see nocturnal animals in the headlights that could not have encountered any other way. In the cool early morning, a light-weight long-sleeved jacket and long trousers are a wise idea, with sturdy shoes. Remember to take your binoculars and camera to make the most of this highlight. The huge balloon inflates swaying impatiently as it lifts. The intermittent roaring of the burner reminds you to put on your hat as it can get quite warm overhead. As you ascend, the sky lightens from purple to pink. The sun clears the horizon, flooding the Serengeti plains with golden light. For an hour, the skillful pilot, will take you where the wind directs him ! It is pleasurable helplessness to have no control over where you go or what you see.
It is an unprecedented opportunity to learn so much about this unique method of travel in Eastern Africa and so much more about yourself. Serengeti animals on the endless lawn below are miniaturized from your new perspective. As your shadow looms behind them, they bound ahead, rear ends roundly prominent. The warthog raises his thin, pennant tail like a radio aerial. The zebra flaunts its beautiful striped rumps. The elephant lumbers like an old man in baggy trousers. Herds of thousands of seasonal migrating herbivores stream out for miles behind and ahead as far as the eye can see. You may fly low over a flat-topped Acacia thorn tree to startle flapping vultures then creep over its precipitous edge to see grassland far below. Perhaps you will encounter the startled head of a giraffe atop its long, swaying neck as you over-fly the branches where it stretches to feed. Below, you may see hippo in the Mara River, or disturb flocks of egrets into flight. Lion proudly stands their home ground or families of elephant in line, nose to tail, trek towards the horizon. Back on the ground, you will receive your commemorative certificate and a champagne toast, then drive to join the rest of the morning’s balloonists for a hearty English hot breakfast, cooked on burners. You will discover a new appetite for life, for appreciative conversations with your fellow adventurers, high on adrenalin, and unlimited helpings of good, hearty food and bubbly, served in superlative style in unforgettable surroundings.
* 5:00 am - Serengeti Balloon Safaris will collect you from your Central Serengeti, Western Corridor, or Serengeti South lodge or camp, and transfer you by Landrover/Landcruiser to our launch site.
* Here you will meet your pilot, receive a briefing and watch the inflation of your balloon.
* At dawn we take off, rising as the sun rises and floating in whichever direction the winds of the morning take us.
* The pilot can precisely control the altitude of our balloon: sometimes flying at treetop height, sometimes lower, offering a unique perspective and great photographic opportunities of the wildlife below. At other times our pilot may ascend to 1,000 ft or more, to see the enormity and wonderful panorama of the Serengeti.
* The flight is for about one hour, depending on conditions, and eventually we must land.
* We celebrate in the traditional manner with champagne (well, an excellent sparkling wine) before sitting down to a full English breakfast prepared and served in the bush in “Out of Africa” style.
* After breakfast you receive your Serengeti Balloon certificate and later meet up with your safari driver ready to continue your day’s activities.
Cost per person :-
* US$499 /- Pick - up, balloon flight, breakfast, drop -off .
* US$47.20/- Serengeti National Park Balloon Concession Fees.
* Total - US$546.20
SERENGETI BALLOON SAFARIS ------- CENTRAL SERENGETI - (Year around)
PICK- UP POINTS :- HOTELS
* SERONERA WILDLIFE LODGE * SERENGETI SOPA LODGE
* SERENGETI SERENA LODGE * FOUR SEASONS SAFARI LODGE
PICK- UP POINTS :- PUBLIC CAMPSITES
* NGIRI CAMP * NYANI CAMP
* NGUCHIRO CAMP * DIK DIK CAMP
* PIMBI CAMP * KURO CAMP
PICK- UP POINTS :- SPECIAL AND SEASONAL CAMPSITES
* ANGATA CAMP * PRINCE CHARLES CAMP
* ELMAKATI CAMP * MBUZI MAWE CAMP
* PIONEER CAMP * RONGAI 1, 2 AND RONGAI EXTRA
* MAKOMA 1, 2, AND MAKOMA EXTRA * TURNER A, B & C AND TURNER EXTRA
* SOROI CAMP * PUMZIKA CAMP
* DUNIA CAMP * ACCACIA CAMP
* BANAGI RONJO. * SERO 1
* SERO 2 * SERO 3
* SERO 4 * SERO EXTRA
* YELLOW STONE CAMP * TOGORO 1 - 3
* TUMBILI * KUBUKUBU
PICK- UP POINTS :- ROBANDA/IKOMA CAMPS
* IKOMA LODGE * SIMBA LODGE
* IKOMA WILDLIFE LODGE
SERENGETI BALLOON SAFARIS ------ SOUTHERN SERENGETI (20th December – 31st March)
PICK- UP POINTS :-
* NDUTU SAFARI LODGE * MASEK VIEW LODGE
* LAKE NDUTU LUXURY TENTED LODGE * MUHANGA
* TANDAWALA * KINYONGA
* NUNGUNUNGU * MILLENIUM I
* MILLENIUM II * NYUMBU
* KAKAKUONA * MBWEHA
* NAABI I * NAABI EXTRA
* NAABI II * OLAKIRA CAMP
* KUSINI * ANDBEYOND UNDER CANVAS CAMPS (SUC)
SERENGETI BALLOON SAFARIS-----WESTERN CORRIDOR(1ST June – 30th October)
PICK- UP POINTS :- PERMANENT CAMPS
* KIRAWIR * A TENTED CAMP
* GRUMETI RIVER CAMP * SOROI
* MBALAGETI SAFARI CAMP
PICK- UP POINTS :- SPECIAL CAMP SITES
* KIRAWIRA 1 * SIMITI CAMPSITE
* KIRAWIRA 2 * BELABELA CAMPSITE
* MUSABI CAMPSITE * KIRAWIRA EXTRA
* MBALAGETI (&BEYOND) CAMPSITE * KENSINGTON CAMP
Baloon Safaris available :
Central Serengeti : All year - round operation.
Serengeti South : December 20th 2016/17 – March 31st 2017/18.
Western Corridor : June 1st - October 30th 2017/18
SERVICE: Daily Launch at dawn (6:30 am) returning approx 9:30 am
PICK-UP FROM : Your client’s lodge or camp in Central Serengeti, Serengeti South or Western Corridor.
INCLUDES : Transport from your client’s lodge or camp to our launch site, balloon flight (approx one hour), sparkling wine, full English breakfast in the bush, return road transfer to Seronera Visitor Centre (or in Western Corridor & Serengeti South to pre -arranged rendezvous)
THIS ITINERARY : It has been designed to fit in with all standard safari itineraries visiting the Serengeti.
Our return at 9:30 am allows you to continue with other planned activities for the rest of the day.
CAPACITY: SERONERA: 64 pax daily. (4x16) WESTERN CORRIDOR: 24 pax daily (2x12) SERENGETI SOUTH 16 pax daily.Minimum pax numbers apply. Private charters by arrangement.
BALLOONS: are top of the range Cameron & UltraMagic A315, A450, N415 . Colours: Acacia Green & Savannah Gold to blend with colours of the Serengeti. Burners: state of the art ‘whisper & stealth”.
REGISTERED: as a commercial airline with Department of Civil Aviation. Pilots: experienced, licensed commercial balloon pilots.
a) 14 days prior to flight – no fees charged
b) 13 days – 7 days – 50% charged
c) 6 days – 48 hours – 75% charged
d) Less than 48 hours – 100% charged
d) No Show – 100% charged
THESE TERMS APPLY WHATEVER THE REASONS FOR CANCELLATION IF WE CANCEL:(e.g. weather/technical) WE REFUND IN FULL or if you wish and we have availability we will offer the opportunity to fly the following day.
RESTRICTIONS : We do not carry children under the age of 7. There is no upper age limit, however passengers must be reasonably mobile, fit to fly and prepared for an adventure.
Passenger weights are calculated at an average of 80 kgs. Passengers weighing 50% plus more than this (i.e. 120 kgs/265 lb/19 stone) may be charged for two places.